Professional Societies and Advisory Boards
I enjoy interdisciplinary collaborations fostered at the International Society for Industrial Ecology, where I’ve served on the board and in particular, I've served on the Sustainable Urban Systems section of the ISIE.
The International Society for Industrial Ecology promotes industrial ecology as a way of finding innovative solutions to complicated environmental problems, and facilitates communication among scientists, engineers, policymakers, managers and advocates who are interested in better integrating environmental concerns with economic activities. Learn more about ISIE.
I serve on the following societies:
- Association for Environmental Engineering and Science Professors (AEESP)
- American Society for Civil Engineering (ASCE)
AEESP assists its members in improving education and research programs, encourages graduate education, and serves the profession by providing information to government agencies and the public, and provides direct benefits to its members. Learn more about AEESP.
ASCE is a leading provider of technical and professional conferences and continuing education, the world’s largest publisher of civil engineering content, and an authoritative source for codes and standards that protect the public. Learn more here about ASCE.
- Editorial Advisory Board of Nature Sustainability
- Guest Editor for Special Issues in the Journal of Industrial Ecology, Environmental Research Letters and Carbon Management
- Advisory Board of the Engineering Research Center at Stanford University, Reimagining the Nations Urban Water Infrastructure (RNUWI)